|Baby Wall Hanging Project & Tutorial|
|Our Blog - Techniques & Tutorials|
|Friday, 09 March 2012 00:00|
Lynne, one of our talented Design Team contributors, created this scrapfully creative home decor hanging.
7 Gypsies 12x12 Book Board
Fancy Pants Winterland Paper Collection
Yellow Double Dots Cardstock
Tim Holtz Paper Rosette Die - Large
Quick Quotes Amaretto Ink
1. Size three photos to 2.5x3.5, print and trim out.2. Cover the book board with light green paper with brown polka dots. Ink the edges of the board and paper.3. Cut the accent pieces on the Cameo. I used a star and moon design, baby word border, love circle word, 3 circle and a file folder.4. Adhere the file folder shape after inking the edges. Then put a 4x12 strip of polka dot paper over the top of the file folder after inking the edges of the strip.5. Arrange the baby border across the top and slip the "love circle" under the edge of the baby word to for the title "baby love".6. Add the moon and stars to the right side of the board.
7. Add the circle 3 to the bottom of the polka dot paper.
8. Add a few other stars to accent the piece. Arrange in a triangle shape for an eye pleasing flow to the page.
9. Using a piece of typing paper, trace the shape of one "arm" of the tin star. Cut 5 pieces of patterned paper using the template you made on the typing paper.
10. Using a straight edge and pointy tool create a fold line on each piece of patterned paper.
11. Lay the patterned paper onto the star and make sure it fits. Trim as necessary. Apply glue to the star and then adhere each of the pieces of patterned paper to each arm of the star. Trim on the underside of the star if paper is hanging over.
12. Cut the paper rosette and adhere it to the top of the star.
Drill holes in the star and in the book board.